Ensure on time and accurate prototype samples throughout seasonal milestones that meet cost targets and are suitable for production environment.
Maintain all required documentation. As a member of the product creation team, maintain product integrity with respect to last development,
upper development, mold development and material and component development.
1. Project Management – Manage assigned CU (Color-Up) projects and with supervision, execute all details from line start to commercialization to achieve on time buy ready
2. Sample Management – Monitor, track, organize and distribute all related development samples, including fit samples, Customs pre-classification set up and Product Teardown set up
3. Participate in product related meetings including Creative Direction and Seasonal Material hand-off meetings. Support product team as needed. Develop competitive intelligence and market awareness.
4. Develop an understanding of the seasonal development calendar and FEIII commercialization calendar through collaboration with Developer/Senior Developer/Lead Developer.
Develop an understanding of the mold development process and procedure.
5. In collaboration with Global Team:
- Fit – In conjunction with Engineering team, coordinate pre-fits and model fits
- Testing – Review material testing reports for education on Timberland quality requirements under the guidance of Engineering, PD and Materials
- Lasts – Develop an understanding about Last Development in conjunction with Development and Engineering
6. Maintain assigned seasonal updates to PLM as well as support department (for example, outsole numbers, factory specs, color cads, pattern/sku attributes and leathers, fit reports)
7. Shadow Developer/Senior Developer/Lead Developer/Engineer to learn the development cycle, blueprints and last development process and relevant constructions. Demonstrate desire, motivation and a passion to increase depth of knowledge and become an asset to the team.
– 0-3 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Engineering, Industrial Design or related field
- Footwear industry experience is a plus
- Exposure to travel, e.g. trade shows, shoe school
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams while handling multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic and able to work in a cross functional capacity
- Flexible and open to change
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrates a strong desire to increase footwear development knowledge
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize information and effectively communicate with our multi-lingual teams
- Languages: Proficiency in English
Please don’t forget to attach your CV which should be submitted in English, applications submitted in any other language will be deemed incomplete and will be unsuccessful.